Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Journey




I have traveled these roads for many a night,
Unable to choose which way is right.
I wonder alone with no place to go;
I wonder on paths that no one can know.
And as I wonder, time passes on.
While, other travelers have come and gone,
Still I dredge on with no end in sight
I travel in darkness without any light.
As step for step, the shadows close in
My mind drifts back to those that have been.
Dull reflections that wrap round my heart,
Had shown to me the very worst part.
I’d passed many crossroads without any thought,
Now, at this last I found myself caught.
As I stood there not knowing which way was right,
“What is my purpose?” I cried to the night.
Unseen, the wind whispered, “Surely,
The answer is in the journey!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look Me Up